Justin C. Brasch is the founding partner of the Law Offices of Justin C. Brasch and has practiced Landlord/Tenant and Leasing law for over 20 years. His areas of practice include Business & Commercial Law, Contracts, Criminal Law, Landlord-Tenant, Leasing, New York City Building and Fire Code Violations, and Real Estate Law.
Mr. Brasch has substantial experience and expertise litigating landlord-tenant and complex commercial and residential real estate disputes. Before establishing his firm in 1996, Justin Brasch was a Litigation Associate at Epstein & Weil, a firm that specializes in commercial litigation and criminal law.
Mr. Brasch attended the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law where he served on the Affordable Housing Clinic and was Articles Editor of the Arts & Entertainment Law Journal. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Brasch was a litigation paralegal at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. Mr. Brasch has a B.A. from Williams College and spent his Junior year of College at Oxford University in England.
Mr. Brasch is a regular lecturer on landlord and tenant matters at the JCC of Manhattan.
Mr. Brasch is a member of the New York Bar since 1993. Mr. Brasch is an elected Democratic District Leader in White Plains, N.Y. and an appointed Member of the Westchester County Budget Committee. He is a former member of the Executive Committee of the New York State Democratic Party and a former member of then New York State Assembly Member (currently New York City Comptroller) Scott Stringer’s Housing Court Task Force.
Mr. Silber graduated from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 1996 and was admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey. Prior to opening his Firm, he practiced with Scarola, Parent & Reavis, LLP (which has since split to Scarola Ellis, LLP and Reavis Parent Lehrer, LLP), a broad-based firm which included principal practice areas in business litigation and business transactions, employment matters and intellectual property. Since opening his practice in 2001 Mr. Silber has assisted small businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals in their complete business needs.
Some of Mr. Silber’s published decisions include:
- Matter of Schwimmer v. Malinas, 2013 NY Slip. Op. 50158(U) (Sup. Ct., Kings County 2013).
- Renaissance Equity Holding, LLC v. Al-An Elevator Maint. Corp., 36 Misc.3d 1209(A), 2012 WL 2731958 (Sup. Ct., Kings County 2012).
- Jerez v. JD Closeouts, LLC, 36 Misc.3d 161 (Dist. Ct., Nassau County 2012).
- Combina Inc. v. Iconic Wireless Inc., 32 Misc.3d 1231(A), 2011 WL 3518185 (Sup. Ct., Kings County 2011).
- Gorelick v. Vorhand, 83 A.D.3d 893 (2d Dept. 2011).
- A & D Int’l Corp. Defined Benefit Pension Plan v. Terzi, 29 Misc.3d 1232(A), 2010 WL 5022742 (Sup. Ct., Kings County 2010).
- Levitin v. Boardwalk Capital, LLC, 78 A.D.3d 1019 (2d Dept. 2010).
- Globaltex Group Ltd. v. Trends Sportswear Ltd., No. 09 Civ. 0235 (JBW), 2010 WL 1633438 (E.D.N.Y. Apr. 21, 2010).
- 419 Seventh Ave. Assocs., Ltd. v. Ghuneim, 64 A.D.3d 746 (2d Dept. 2009).
- Globaltex Group, Ltd. v. Trends Sportswear, Ltd, No. 09 Civ. 235 (JBW), 2009 WL 1270002 (E.D.N.Y. May 6, 2009).
- Beth Jacob Teachers Seminary Inc. v. Beis Chinuch Le’Bunos-Bas Melech, 22 Misc.3d 1138(A), 2009 WL 782549 (Sup. Ct., Kings County 2009).
- Hecht v. Components Int’l, Inc., 22 Misc.3d 360 (Sup. Ct., Nassau County 2008).
- Elm Realty Assocs., LLC v. Leben, LLC, 22 A.D.3d 790 (2d Dept. 2005).
Mark Alan Guterman
Mark Alan Guterman, was admitted to the practice of law in the Second Judicial Department in 1988.
A graduate of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Mr. Guterman earned a B.A. degree in history from the State University of New York at Binghamton, with honors in History.
Mr. Guterman’s expertise is in commercial and residential lease negotiations and drafting and eviction proceedings.
He has lectured extensively in continuing legal education, including Advanced Landlord and Tenant Law in New York (2005), Evictions: Residential and Commercial in New York (2005), Evictions and Landlord/Tenant Law in New York (2004), Evictions in New York: Residential and Commercial (2006); Evictions in New York: Residential and Commercial (2008), Landlord Tenant Law (2010) and Landlord Tenant Law (2012). Mr. Guterman is also admitted to the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.